you can swipe left or right to navigate through the jobsyou can use your arrow keys ( and ) to navigate through the jobs
Beaulieu International Group (B.I.G.) is a global specialist in raw chemical materials (polymers), semi-finished engineered products and is a leader in a broad range of floor coverings for the residential and commercial markets. Within this international context, they wish to guarantee the continuous technological progress of B.I.G. and strive for innovation excellence, both in the field of product development as in their production processes and new business models.
To strenghten their Research, Engineering & Development departement we are looking for a New Product Development Engineer.
Are you interested in R&D in a production environment and would you like to acquire broad business skills as well? How would you feel about working in an international environment alongside the most innovative minds in technology?
If that sounds exciting to you, you may just be the person that we seek.
As member of our Research, Engineering & Development team (simply: RED), you will generate ideas and develop ideas to the point of making a real project out of this or reshape/recombine ideas for in ambitious long term development projects in which you will also participate. You will report to a Senior Innovation Manager. You will be responsible for:
- Contributing to the renewal of the product portfolio in close cooperation with the businesses and RED.
- Creating a multitude of innovative concepts linked to strategic important business areas.
- Developing concepts into project proposals, defining a clear business potential.
- Leading product development projects, in a structured approach, implementing the proposals to optimize and improve the products.
- Developing in depth knowledge on our application technologies, keeping track of evolutions and identifying opportunities for improvement or innovation.
- Ensuring our quality standards are being preserved and our quality procedures are being applied.
- Ensure success by using internal and external cooperation.
- You hold an MSc in Industrial Design Engineering Technology, a Master in Business Economics or Business Engineering.
- You are eager to develop new products and concepts.
- You are familiar with sources for innovation opportunities and how to use these to generate innovative ideas.
- You are familiar with prototyping and how to sell an idea.
- You have good market insight and follow-up on market trends.
- You are greatly interested in long term, sustainable development.
- You care about excellence in innovation.
- You have a strongly dynamic and curious personality.
- You are result-oriented and you think and act in systematic ways.
- You want to work in an international context and would enjoy traveling for work.
- You have a good command of English and at least one other language, preferably Dutch or French
what do we offer?
Our training and coaching program aims to develop both your hard skills (improving technological competences in order to create experts, project management skills as well as tools, rules and analysis methodologies for professional approaches) and your soft skills (such as management and leadership competences). We do this through our own Competence Development Program. What else do we offer?
- An attractive salary package.
- An intellectually challenging job in an international environment.
- Immediate action and integration into the workforce.
- Career guidance from within the RED team.
- In-depth knowledge of a wide array of products, from polymers to digitally printed floors.
- A work environment with low turnover rates; people enjoy working with us.