As a proposal engineer, you will be responsible for:
1. the analysis of the specifications
· the initial analysis of our ability to meet the specifications, bringing out the sensitive points.
· drawing up the synthesis documents that serve as a basis for developing the bids
· participation in the development of the strategy for the technical and commercial bids with the Heads of the departments and possibly with the Director of the B.U.
2. the analysis of the risks and opportunities associated to the project
· -the preparation of the documents relating to the analysis of the technical and commercial risks, and opportunities, define mitigation and avoidance strategy
3. the market study
· the analysis of the programs and needs in the area of defence.
· the analysis of the available equipment and solutions
· the search for the sources of supplies
· the definition of the limit of supply
4. the development of bids:
· the scheduling and preparation of bids
· the coordination and monitoring of the various actors, in particular the Commercial Direction, the financial Direction, engineering management, quality management and project management with a view to ensuring the preparation and approval of the documents within the established time periods;
· the development, follow-up and checking of estimates in collaboration with the devisor, the presentation of estimates for the approval of the Department Head, of the Director of the B.U. and of the commitment committee.
· the preparation of technical and commercial bids in cooperation with the various departments of the B.U.
· the definition of the limits of supply.
5. assistance and participation in the preparation of commercial and technical negotiations
6. the follow-up and continuity of contacts with the customers and external partners
7. research in standardisation
8. the definition and development of alternative solutions in cooperation with the related departments
9. searching for technical solutions likely to improve the competitiveness of the projects.