As a hardware designer you become a part of the hardware design team and shall contribute to the realization of our hardware roadmap and the enhancement of our existing portfolio.
You capture relevant technologies for our business which could lead to unique hardware selling point(s), conduct proof of concepts (based on devkits) and push the results to the product steering group.
You draw up schematics with strong focus on overall system consumption (battery and non-battery powered devices), size, speed, scalability and environmental impact (green design).
You collaborate with external companies, interact with a variety of disciplines (eg product design house, injection molding company,…) and elaborate with all of them to come to a solid overall hardware product.
You interact with the firmware and algorithm team to define the hardware test strategy, conduct the necessary hardware tests to validate the hybrid design (analogue and digital components) and draws up the conclusions.
You strive for a first-time right approach.
You prepare the technical documentation and steer/guide the hardware certification with external labs (pre-compliance & compliance).
You keep eye an on the overall manufacturability of the hardware product and guide the external EMS partners with the launch of the first prototypes and ramp-up.
You take care of a smooth hardware product hand-over towards the Pozyx operational team.
- Scout and analyze relevant technologies and hardware components.
- Conduct proof of concepts and list recommendations.
- Define hardware test strategy and manufacturability (DfX).
- List hardware components and define (initial) product cost.
- Draw up schematics (Altium).
- Debug, validate hardware and write hardware validation reports for (first) prototypes.
- List & maintain technical product documentation.
- Guide the hardware certification.
- Build and implement hardware test system.
- Interact with Pozyx team members and with external companies.