As a Field Operations Engineer, you will support our client, a railway equipment manufacturer, international leader in its market and a key player in the technological evolution of rail-related projects.
You will be in charge of the technical choices for the installation of a signalling system on board a rail vehicle or at the trackside. Your daily tasks may include:
The elaboration of an installation technical file, the quality of which depends 1/ on the respect of the technical constraints of the objects to be installed, 2/ on the ease and speed of installation of the objects, 3/ on the homologation of the file and activities, on the generality of the proposed solutions. This elaboration includes several phases:
- the identification of the constraints linked to the system and the objects and investigation to identify the characteristics of the environment
- the choice of the concepts and components of the installation (connectors, support, conduits, etc.)
- Follow-up of the composition of the plans / diagrams
- the development of methods and choice of tools necessary for the execution of the installation, the identification of the "operating range".
- the composition of the file
- the follow-up of the execution of a first installation, the realization of the necessary adjustments and the technical follow-up during the deployment
- The drafting of documents (installation files) allowing the distribution of technical information to the execution teams in the field
Coordination of the parties involved in the technical installation file (designers, engineers, project managers) in order to organize the activities.
Setting up and using control and monitoring tools to evaluate the quality of the installation activity
Support to the tender activity for the installation and commissioning of signalling systems:
- Technical support for responding to customer specifications for installation and commissioning.
- Cost estimation for installation and commissioning activities
- Participation in the development of tools and methods related to installation activities in order to improve the overall installation and commissioning process