The Electrical harness design engineer will be part of the LAND engineering department which is responsible for the vehicular integration of critical communication solutions for homeland and defense customers. The Electrical harness design engineer will lead the definition process for all harnesses that are required for the correct integration of the systems into the vehicles, taking into account the functional requirements and also the integration constraints (interference, mechanical…).
The electrical harness design engineer will also support the system engineering phase for the system definition and the IVVQ team for the system validation in labo and on vehicular platform.
Key activities :
- Responsible for the design of the electrical harness interconnecting the equipment within the vehicles (Power, RF, signals).
- Inputs: the vehicle block architecture diagram and interface documents of the equipment to interconnect.
- Outputs: the precise harness wiring diagram, including calculations, BOM and validation procedures.
- Interface with the component engineer for the selection of the components for the BOM creation.
- Support the IVVQ and prototyping teams in resolving technical problems during production & validation phases
- Support the system engineering phase for the solution definition to meet the electrical constraints
- Contribute to the documentation of the process and the evolutions of the tools used to formalize this definition (currently used: Visio, Excel, SEE electrical.