As an electrical engineer, you are involved upstream, from the first part of the steelmaking process, i.e. the steel mill. This is the moment when the scrap metal is transformed into a first semi-finished product, the "slab".
In this position, you will be attached to the steel mill maintenance manager, electrical part. You will be trained by your colleagues on the company's tools and you will work on the performance of the machines. Your objective is to improve the reliability of the machines based on the information available to you. Your daily routine will include the following tasks:
- Monitor machine performance (failure rates, corrective/preventive distribution, quality indicators...), analyze them and share the results with the relevant people.
- Collect, classify and analyze data related to recurring downtime and report to your maintenance manager
- Participate in the identification and implementation of improvement actions in the steel mill sector (for maintenance and production)
- Ensure the promotion, development and technological watch of conditional maintenance
- To be on technical electrical duty, on average one weekend per month.