you can swipe left or right to navigate through the jobsyou can use your arrow keys ( and ) to navigate through the jobs
We are currently looking for a Divisional Finance & Controlling Director. The role of Divisional Finance & Controlling Director is a business critical position operating with great influence. In this role you will be part of the Divisional Management Team and will be instrumental in the deployment of the strategy & growth and development of the division worldwide by providing accurate financial analysis and guidance to the Divisional MD (incl. the rest of the divisional team) & the corporate Finance & Controlling team. You will report to the Divisional MD and the Group Controlling & Reporting Director.
• contributes to the development and implementation of the divisional strategy worldwide; • financial advisory role for the unit, working close with the (corporate) specialists such as tax, legal, treasury, procurement, ...
• improve the management (incl. financial) reporting and control systems to provide accurate and appropriate and in-time information to the management to ensure correct and appropriate decision making;
• ensures the systematic and timely management reporting of financial and operating results (financial/non-financial parameters) encompassing variance analysis (versus budget) and translate the financial results into solid business recommendations and suggested action plans (incl. follow up on these action plans with the project owners);
• coordinates and challenges the budgeting and forecasting process and playing an important role in the strategic planning process;
• measures and analyses productivity, production costs versus standard cost prices and advises on differences; • analyses and evaluates business projects (e.g. investments,…) from an economic standpoint, in order to watch profitability on business unit level;
• evaluates and adjusts company's business finance and controlling processes and procedures, and drives a stronger internal control environment (including assessment of business processes and financial risk); • together with Divisional MD, ensures compliance with group/divisional rules & policies; • active role in diverse ad-hoc projects (both on a divisional and corporate level);
• Management of the divisional finance team and comprising 6 direct reports spread over Belgium, and 9 oversea.
The successful candidate will be a finance professional with a strong business sense, having demonstrated a technical proficiency and track record of impact in an international business/ finance role. • a minimum of 10 years work experience in a finance department of an international organisation, with experience in manufacturing environments being important. • Fluency in English is essential (both speaking and writing), with other languages (e.g. Dutch) being considered a strong plus.
Furthermore, candidates for this position would need to demonstrate the following competencies:
• Strong interpersonal skills. • open minded and excellent communicator - good presentation and business writing skills ; • self-starter, can work independently, takes initiatives; • thinks and acts pro-actively, problem solver;
• analytic - pragmatic - result driven - eye for detail where needed, but with a focus on the larger picture.
• Good leadership skills including the ability to set objectives, prioritise activities, and at the same time develop, inspire and motivate people
• familiar with modern frequently used software incl. SAP